We grew a bunch of zucchini's in our garden this year, so I decided to make these yummy muffins! They were a big hit, so I had to share this recipe!
I originally found this recipe at allrecipes, but of course I made some adjustments to the recipe. Here is the recipe that I used, and these turned out great!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of white sugar (the original recipe called for 2 c. of sugar!)
- 1/2 cup of canola oil (original recipe calls for 1 c. veg. oil & no applesauce)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 heaping tsp. cinnamon (original recipe calls for nutmeg, cloves, cardamom)
- 3/4 cup mini or regular chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar, and oil, and applesauce if you are using it. Add the cocoa, vanilla, zucchini and stir well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and some of the chocolate chips. Mix until moist.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins. Top with chocolate chips prior to baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan & cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy!!! These are yummy!
I made these and didn't tell my kids that there was zucchini in them, and 2 out of 3 of my kids liked them! My three year old picky niece also loved these!
CLICK HERE for a black & white printable version of this recipe!
*Never Miss a Deal! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Don't Forget to sign up for my Free email newsletter or RSS feed, so that you never miss any tips! Thank You for reading & subscribing!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you use them, you help support this site, with no extra cost to you! Thank you!