Welcome to June! I can't believe it - the kids are already out of school and the lazy days of summer are almost here! June is the month with the longest daylight hours of the year, which means more time to shop! Keep reading below to find out what are the best & worst things to buy in June!
Every month, I use My Memories software to make a Free Computer Desktop Background courtesy of Leelou Blogs. You can Go here to download the freebie this month to create your own! Leelou also has an awesome tutorial on how to use My Memories to customize a computer desktop background!
If you do not have Mymemories, and would like to give it a try, there is a special deal just for you if you use my promo code (STMMMS72525) at checkout. Just go to My Memories Digital Scrapbooking, and enter my code and you will get $10 off plus $10 in free digital content! Now is the perfect time to give it a try! I Love MyMemories!
- Are you planning an upcoming birthday party, a Graduation party, Father's Day Cook-out, July 4th Party, or any upcoming occasion? Check out Punchbowl. It is Free to sign up! You can send Free e-cards for upcoming holidays, birthdays, anniversary's and more this month. I also use Punchbowl to plan any upcoming parties, send free invites, and more! It is awesome & easy to use
- Consider checking out Tip Junkie Personal Assistant for more idea's on getting organized this month.
- If you are wanting to be more organized, check out my Home Management Binder - and consider making one for yourself, or updating yours if you need to.
- It is a new month so make sure to check out Coupons.com, Red Plum, Coupon Network, and Cool Savings and print the coupons that your family needs! Also consider ordering coupons from your favorite Coupon Clipping Sites.
- Are you new to couponing? Maybe your a "seasoned" couponer and need to get back on track? Check out my 29 Days Of Couponing Tips series!
- Every single week there are several items that you can purchase in-store and get them FREE or Cheap with Coupons! Stop by and check out my weekly feature called "Best Couponing Deals" so that you can check out the best sales for each week!
June is National Dairy Month! You can expect to see sales on milk, cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, eggs, whipped cream, butter/margarine, sour cream, coffee creamer, ice cream and more! It's a perfect time to stock up while these are at rock bottom prices, and remember that most dairy items can be frozen (such as cheese, milk, and yogurt).
As the month comes to a close, look for sales on cook-out staples for upcoming July Fourth Celebrations. You can expect to see sales on condiments, such as ketchup, mustard, mayo, salad dressing, and BBQ sauce. Typically, you will also see sales on grilling meats, (hamburgers, hot dogs, steak, ribs, chicken ect.) buns, potato chips, pop, paper plates, charcoal, and more. You might also see sales on insect repellent, sunblock, allergy, and headache medications. If you have extra room in your pantry, and freezer, consider stocking up for all of the outdoor fun and picnics that the warmer weather brings!
National Cancer Survivor’s Day
National Hunger Awareness Day
Special Olympics Summer Games
Other Promotions this month:
National Candy Month
National Dairy Month
National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month
National Iced Tea Month
National Safety Month
National Seafood Month
National Turkey Lover’s Month
:: Produce In-Season
Seasonal produce is also a great bargain this time of year! Consider stocking up and freezing the produce that you can while prices are at their lowest.
Sweet Vidalia Onions
Here are a few more tips to help you maximize your budget:
Clearance sales on spring and summer clothes are now starting, because stores are already starting to make room for back to school (yeah, wow, I know- I had to say it...)
What to Buy Now
According to Deal News, June is a great time to buy:
- Clothing and lingerie- especially with Victoria Secrets semi-annual sale, they report that last year at this time we saw prices as low as $3 for panties, and $10 bra's. If this is the case again this year, then this is the time to stock up.
- It is also a great time to keep an eye out for refurbished or used tablets. Especially the iPad 2, which is down to $320 at the apple store.
- They also say that it is a good time to book a cruise, with hurricane season approaching, the discounts also come, in addition to the already marked down prices due to recent cruise disasters.
- If you are need of a new TV, look for name brand 46" HDTVs which have hit an all time low of $490. But, if you can wait, you might see a better deal in November or December which are traditionally the best time to buy a new TV.
- Garage sale season continues, so keep your eye on the classified ads as well!
- It is a bad time to find a markdown on a grill or patio furniture, because it is peak season. The big markdowns on grills begin on the 4th of July. So wait until then if you can.
- Consider putting off tool purchases until July, or later! Tools seem to be priced at their lowest in July, as well as November and December. The prices of tools are typically higher in June, because they are in High demand with Father's Day coming.
- And don't look for sales on sandals right now, unless they are cheap flip flops. You can expect to see deals and clearance markdowns on summer and informal footwear in mid-to-late July.
- If you need a laptop, hold off until the big back to school sales that start in mid July.
Do you have any tips that you'd like to add? Please feel free to leave a comment & share!
*Never Miss a Deal! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Don't Forget to sign up for my Free email newsletter or RSS feed, so that you never miss any tips! Thank You for reading & subscribing!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you use them, you help support this site, with no extra cost to you! Thank you!